A Peek Inside One of Our Offices in the Mid-1940s
1. The Company started on the fourth floor of an old wallpaper factory.
2. In the Nineteen-teens, before air conditioning, Johnson & Johnson had a swimming pool for employees – at work! -- so they could cool off in the summer heat.
3. When he was younger, Robert Wood Johnson the first was known to wear a stovepipe hat. (We don’t have a picture of him wearing the hat in our archives, unfortunately.)
4. Barry Manilow wrote the “I Am Stuck on BAND-AID® Brand…” jingle.
5. John Travolta, Terri Garr and Brooke Shie